CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Weird People

People down here are a little weird..... well, some of them are a lot weird and some are normal, but overall they are all a little weird!
We pay for garbage collection every month. The only other place I have paid for it is in Idaho, and in Idaho it was a set rate. Well, here, the rate depends on a number of different things; the size of your can and the weight are just two things they go by. You get charge extra if your lid is open, even a little, because it is too full. They also charge you by the bag for any bags they have to pick up that are not in your can.
Ok....that was a long explanation, but all that to say that I have tried to be really careful about not putting to much in, so that we won't be charged extra. WELL.... I went to take some trach out to the big can last week, and I noticed two boxes in it that weren't ours. I knew they weren't because they were some foods that we have never eaten. I thought, "oh well, maybe they were in the street and someone just put them in there." Then I went to put the can out on Thursday morning, and I noticed it was really really heavy. I looked in it, and there were 2 more boxes and 3 bags of garbage in it!!!! NOT our garbage. At first I thought I was going crazy, and I went inside to see what color drawstrings our bags had, and sure enough, they were red. The ones in the can were blue!
This is just so weird to me. Do people not have any morals here? I mean really... who would go so low as to walk to the side of my house and put their trash in my can, that I will have to pay for based upon the weight??????
So, after the garbage man came, I pulled the can around to the backyard, where it can't be seen, and closed the gate. Maybe I need to get a garbage can guard dog!
Crazy Texans!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think a big big big Bull Mastif would work. If they did decide to try to put their garbage in the can at least you could feed it to the dog!!!!! you know he wouldn't hurt a flea..... they just look soooooo big and mean!! but are a purrtttty cat inside. Huh!.good luck .
dad

Liles Family said...

I think mom will absolutely KILL you if she reads your comment.... but truthfully, that is what I was thinking too! :)