CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 20, 2008

Quotes of the Day

Here are a few funny things Dimitri has said lately:

* Me "Whewwww! Good thing you guys are in the bath, you smell like rotten apples"
Dimitri "Noooooo Mommy, we are just children"

*Dimitri " I think I will just sit here while you go potty mommy"
Me "Why?.... could I have some privacy please?"
Dimitri "Well, no, I am gonna sit here until you are done, or until Daddy comes home"
(not sure which one will happen first!)

*Dimitri "How many baby pumpkins are inside that big pumpkin?"

*Dimitri "I like blue pickles. Can we have some for dinner?"
Me "Wow Dimitri, you must be really hungry. Did you eat your sandwich I made you for lunch?"
Dimitri "No mommy"
Me "Why not?"
Dimitri " Because it wasn't a blue pickle sandwich."
(Silly me, I should have thought of that)

*Dimitri- on the way to school early in the morning
"Mommy, I am ready for a baby sistoor. Can we get one after school if I make good choices?"
Me " uhhhh, I will pray about that one"
(Oh, how I wish it were that simple)

As we are sitting on the couch watching football:
Dimitri "I don't want to sit with you any more, I want to sit on the other couch"
Me "ok.... here is a blanket to keep you warm."
Dimitri "Thanks. Mommy, I don't love you. But I do like Daddy."
Me " OH....(pause)...well I love you"

Where did my little baby go?
I guess that is kind of how life goes at our house these days. One minute we are laughing and the next I am holding back tears. Sometimes I wonder what I did to deserve such fun and joy in my life. Then sometimes I wonder what I did to derserve all the rest of it in my life.
I am a sinner, saved by the sweet grace of God, and any blessings that He sees fit to deliver in my life, I am thankful for. The Bible says that we should not feel at home or comfortable on this earth because this is not where we belong. I look forward to the day when I can be in His presence, in heaven. I won't even have to think about the pains of this earth. And yet, how many times do we say to God, through our actions and choices, "You know Daddy, I don't love you."
Imagine His pain.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i dont think ive ever heard of blue pickles ... i love that little guy, give him a big hug for me sista,
-Bryan