CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

This is really neat

Our God is a God of details!!!! This is so amazing to me, makes me feel so loved, and is just the coolest thing ever.
Here is the situation: Tony is on the other side of the world. When I found out he would be deploying I began praying that God would send a man or some men along with him that he could be encouraged by in a positive way. The morning that Tony left, he introduced me to Chaplain Kay. He seemed like a nice guy. Since Tony has been over there he has talked about how he talks to the Chaplain everyday and is going to Bible Study with him. I think this is jsut great.... what an answer to prayer that Tony would have someone to encourage him spiritually over there.
Here is the other side to the situation: I am here, in Texas, and really know hardly anyone. I found out that there is this Christian group of ladies that meets weekly for Worship and Bible Study (PWOC). Ok, so I go, and I enjoy it. I love the worship and really enjoy getting into the Word. There is a lady there, I think she might be the head of PWOC here at Ft. Hood... not sure though. Every time I see her, she seems so nice and sweet. I haven't ever gotten a chance to talk to her though. SO! tonight I went to an FRG (Family support group for when the unit deploys) meeting. As I was walking in the door, I see this woman who looks familiar to me, and I realize that it is the lady from PWOC! So, I say hello, you have cute kids, etc. Then, as we get into the meeting room, I see her name tag.....and YEP you guessed it..... she is the wife of the Chaplain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just think this is so amazing of God to do. How big is this world? HUGE and how many people are on this planet? Sooooo many! And God loved my husband and I so much that He orchestrated a man on the other side of the world to minister to my husband and this man's wife on this side of the world, to reach me through the ministry she serves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should have goosebumps on your arms right now just like I do!!!
God is so good and SO loving and so into details.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Liles Family:
It is truly amazing how God keeps his people touching and agreeing. Loved your account of the chaplain and his wife. His wondrous ways keep our faith strong.

Hang in there.
NC