CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 27, 2008

Severe weather



Living in Idaho I got used to hearing that alarm sound on the TV if there was some serious weather issue coming into town, however, 9 out of 10 times it was just a warning and nothing serious was going to happen.
Here in Texas it is a little bit of a different story though. Over the past few months I have seen warnings for hurricanes, tornados, golfball- sized hail, severe thunderstorms, etc. It is a bit more serious here.
Well today really topped it off for me....I think we will batten down the hatches and stock up on food for a few weeks....I don't know if the kids will be able to go to school....there was a severe weather warning for our area.....FREEZE WARNING!!!!
Yep, you read that correct....a freeze warning.....and in case you haven't looked at a calendar lately, it is almost NOVEMBER!!!! Yes, they really have posted an extreme weather warning for "freeze." With all due respect, tomatoes that try to live until November deserve to be frost bitten!
In my mother's honor, I will make sure the kids wear turtle necks and sweats to school tomorrow, along with their winter coats and ski hats!!!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be sending Denaiza cable-knit tights in the morning. Also in the package will be the new long underwear I bought Dimitri.
You, my dear, are a smart mouthed child.
I hope you get frost bite--I KNOW you are wearing your flip flops because Tony is out of the country. Hi Tony!!
YFM