CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

What happened to the good ol days?

I remember when my mom brought in cupcakes for our birthdays and treats and snacks for different theme parties when we were in school. To me, that is part of the image of a fun and great mom..... one that stays up to all hours of the night wrapping popcorn balls in saran wrap to stuff in homemade stocking for the whole class (yes mom, I do remember!)......... but here is the note that I got from the kids' classes.

Each child has been assigned a day to bring snack. This will happen once every month. Please keep the following in mind when bringing a snack:
Nothing with peanut products - we have students with allergies
It must be store packaged - nothing homemade
The snack can not be full of sugar - we will not serve cookies, crackers or sweet treats
You must provide a drink - the drink must be 100% juice, NO red, purple, or dark colored juice

hmmmmmm, what is left? Not much..... so I took in a bag of baby carrots! I felt so bad for Dimitri..... can you imagine if you were the kid who's mom brought in a BAG OF CARROTS for snack!

I think that there are just as many, if not MORE, problem kids in school now as there were when I was in school. All these restrictions can't make that much of a difference. Isn't funny to see how times change. It is really kind of sad. So much of the fun of school has been eliminated.

0 comments: