CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Dinner

Growing up I remember my mom being so wonderful. She was the kind of mom that does all those things you only see in the commercials.....for example: the heart shaped sandwiches, the smiley faces on napkins, celbration dinners for special days, sewing special outfits for Christmas programs and 1st days of school. She always went all out for us, and I will always remember that.

Now, it is my turn to be a mom, and although I will never do as good of a job that she did, I try. My kids are a little different then my brothers and I were and I am a bit less energetic than my mom, but like I said, I try.
Tonight I decided to do a Valentine's dinner for the kids. Well.....actually I am not sure that it was really for the kids because I knew they would both complain about eating it (that seems to be the new, not so wonderful, trend around here.) On our menu was pink mashed potatoes, turkey, gravy, green beans, and heart shaped jello. Below are pictures of our meal. I enjoyed it.....as for the kids, Dimitri had to be force fed and Denaiza threw up her food onto the table TWICE! Oh well......I tried. I guess next year they will just get macaroni and cheese.





1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Britt! The table looks beautiful! It is obvious that you took time and love and money and patience to have a special Valentine dinner for your family. If they didn't appreciate it tonight, they will someday. And Denaiza threw up twice? Disgusting. Let her eat out of the cat bowl, if you had one. You ARE a creative and fun mom. Do not compare yourself to anyone else. NO ONE has been handed the life you have been given. You are doing amazingly well with the strength of God. I AM SO PROUD OF YOU. KEEP GOING.