CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Spring in the great Northwest

I am loving spring here. It is cool and quiet. They say it has been more rainy here than normal for a spring and we set a record for the longest time without hitting 75 degrees (still waiting on that one). But I love it! I love the dark clouds in the afternoon that beg you to curl up with a book or take a quick nap. I love the gently breezes going through the soaring pine trees out back. I even love the rain.
I am so very thankful that God has placed us here for this time. It has been a welcomed break.
My children, however, are not so fond of this weather. My son spoke the most horrific words the other day. He said, "well, maybe Texas wasn't so bad, at least we could go swimming sometimes!" I politely reminded him that kind of talk was not permitted in our household.
Our dog much prefers drier Idaho to what we have here. He sits at the glass door and whines nonstop for hours wanting to go out and play "just like at Grandpa's house". (Yes, he once told me "just like at Grandpa's house.")
But all the complaints are okay with me. They can whine all they want to because the relaxing sound of the rain pounding down on the roof drowns out most of it!

1 comments:

Jami said...

YAY!!!!! you are back! i am slacking but plan on catching up the last month!