CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Out with the old....in with the new

Nope, I am not talking about kids.....although that might not be a bad idea considering how things have been going lately.
I am talking about washing machines. First, you have to understand that I have a REALLY hard time getting rid of things. For heaven's sake, I still have the silk material that went around my baby blanket. I have papers from high school in file folders. It is kind of crazy, I will admit, but I just like to get the most out of things.
So, my wachine machine broke last Friday. I was so stressed about it. I tried everything I could to fix it. I called to get estimates, but they were all so expensive. I was really down. Tony had said that when he got home we could look at getting a new washing machine, so I felt really bad that we might not be able to wait that long.
As I do whenever I am feeling low, I called my mom. She gave me lots of ideas on how to fix the machine, but none of them worked. We started talking about me getting a new one and which brands were best. She mentioned that she once had an RCA washing machine that lasted a really long time, but she didn't know if they still made washing machines. I said "yeah, that one sure did last a long time.....it is the one that is sitting in my laundry room right now!" We laughed, but then we got to thinking and we figured out that she had that machine since I was in 4th or 5th grade!!!!! She gave it to me several years ago. SOOOOOO this machine is like 18 years old!!!!!
At that point, I had to laugh. We decided that it probably had put in its miles and that is would be ok to retire it. :) I mean, it is older than Brady!
Funny times.....
God blessed us with having some money available for us to get a new washing machine. The new one came today, and I haven't stopped using it since it arrived. It is great and so big! This will be such a wonderful thing to have for the next 18 years!
Here are some pictures of the old one.....poor thing....it was trying to get a smile out before being hauled away.....

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got it!!!!!
I know what was wrong with your OLD machine!!!! You didn't even have it hooked up right! Look! It wasn't even plugged in and the hose went right back into the washer!!! Wow. That would have been an easy fix.