CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School

Well tomorrow.....or should I say today (since it is 2AM) is the kids' first day of school! They will be going to a Pre-K program through the local school district.
I can't fall asleep; I feel almost like I did when I was little and getting ready for my first day of school. I have thought and thought about how I can make this day and experience as great for my kids as my mom always made it for me. I have countless memories of wonderful things she did for us for our first days of school. I remember when I was going into the 3rd grade, my mom made me this beautiful dress and she made a HUGE bow for the top of my head. I can close my eyes and smell the caramel rolls that she made that morning too.
I want my kids to have great memories too. I find myself feeling guilty because I feel like I won't do as good of a job with my kids as my mom and dad did with me.
I am worried about how the kids will do being away from me for so long during the day. I am worried about how they will behave, and how their teachers will treat them. I am worried about them having to take a nap on a hard floor. I am worried that Dimitri won't have time to finish his food because he eats so slowly. I am worried that........... well I could go on and on....... but in the end, what does worrying do for me? NOTHING except keep me up at 2AM! So I will be going to lay down to pray now.
But before I do, I just want to share with you all, my friends, that my heart is so heavy these days. My heart is raw and hurting. I don't want my man to leave. I get a sick feeling in my stomach just thinking about it. This is so hard. So hard!
Well, guess I better go lay down...... I will put some pictures up n a few hours once we drop the kiddos off at school.
Happy First Day to those of you starting today as well.........

0 comments: